William & Me

William & Me
April 09 Wedding

Monday, January 31, 2011

Prayers

Im gettin closer and closer to the due date of my 1st child. my doctor is a super cool guy from Africa. he knows that women's bodies are not broken and that natural birth happens all the time without complications. he told me he sees himself as just being there in the chance of an emergancy like old times and that he wishes they would give him a midwife to practice with. he told me i can bring a birth plan and that my hospital will be good to me about keeping to it. he also said that the nurses kinda freak when they get one cause they are not used to or trained for them but they are told to keep to it. now that william and i watched misty's recommened The Business of being Born william is passionate and ready to protect me while we are there. my fear is that they will go ahead and do whatever they want no matter what. william says we will sue if they put meds in me without our permission lol thats backwards eh? but it makes me happy he is so totally with me on this natural birth thing finally. i think the struggle for us women who want it now is to convince our husbands that its okay, its safe, and in the long run probably better for me. i pray that everything will be relaxed and good on the day of my first born's entrance into this world and that we can have that tight bonding experience. its so close now! the baby is so strong in there. its fun to watch my belly go up and down on its own. :) also to see and feel the little lump of a bottom make my belly lop sided haha i like to rub an pat it, drumb on it lightly. fun fun times. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for you! It took a while to get Dave on board for a midwife, but he's a huge advocate for them since Clara's birth. One of my friends just had an 11 lb 13 oz baby at home (water birth w/ a midwife) last night. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a big kid! i really want a water birth. i realized the other day i decided i wanted a water births when i was 11. it was the year emily was born. we shall see if its possible with my doc, who knows maybe ill get lucky.

    ReplyDelete